The aforementioned appellation in the “Ribona” version covers the entire area of the province of Macerata and the town of Loreto in the province of Ancona. The slopes that
enjoy the sun in the first half of the day are the ideal habitat for the Ribona varieties (Maceratino). The production regulations allow other versions of this wine:
• Passito, made from naturally dried grapes with a yield of grape / wine equal to 40%;
• Spumante, with natural refermentation. The wine is left on the lees for at least 3 months. The entire production process must last at least 6 months.
The appellation also includes “Bianco” produced with a minimum of 70% Ribona grapes. The remaining 30% is made up of one or more of the grape varieties mentioned here.